FREE PASSWORD SOFTWARE ?

LANDCRUISER 12:09 28 Dec 2007

Hi anyone know of a free password maker that will work with norton 360 on vista pc,i know that norton do one but i thought i save some money if possible

MAJ 12:34 28 Dec 2007
  LANDCRUISER 12:50 28 Dec 2007

Thanks MAJ could you expand as how this works ie can i get to see these password myself just in case it make a mistake in the future so i can re-enter password if needed,do you just download software & it does the rest all do i have to start it ta

Technotiger 12:56 28 Dec 2007

Install and run SIW, you will then be able to see all your passwords when you click on Secrets in the left-hand column. It is also a very useful utility to have.

click here

MAJ 13:04 28 Dec 2007

Hi LANDCRUISER. As Technotiger says, or backup your passwords, you should back them up in any case.

MAJ 13:06 28 Dec 2007

I'm not sure that SIW will show you your wireless password though, so be careful when relying on it, check first.

MAJ 13:11 28 Dec 2007

Sorry LANDCRUISER, I misread your last post. You copy the password from that link I posted, then you use that for whatever you want to password protect, no software needed, just make sure you take a note of it and save it in a safe place.

Technotiger 13:19 28 Dec 2007

It shows my Router password, but NOT key used for home network.

LANDCRUISER 13:22 28 Dec 2007

Thanks both of you for your input,on backups i have seagate 500gb external drive that came with there software for backing up & as you know norton 360 also have a backup just wanted to know if its legal to use the norton backup on the seagate unit & take the seagate software off because i notice that the seagate software does not back certain things up

MAJ 13:58 28 Dec 2007

You can use whichever backup software you wish and that works for you, LANDCRUISER.

Technotiger 14:00 28 Dec 2007

Best Back-up software by a mile is Acronis True Image IMHO anyway!

click here

Worth its weight in Gold.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017