Free password manager

Hetti 12:10 04 Nov 2010

I have used Lastpass as an add on for storing my passwords in Firefox, I wanted to add it (or another free add on for passwords) in IE but cannot see Lastpass listed as an add on in IE.
can anyone suggest a free password maager for IE or how to add lastpass in IE?

GaT7 12:14 04 Nov 2010

IE > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons. Is LastPass listed & enabled there? G

Muergo 12:25 04 Nov 2010

I can thoroughly recommend Roboform, I have used the paid for version, (one off very cheap), and apart from storing hundreds of passwords securely it also is invaluable for form filling as well.

The number of standard forms you come across are tedious for just registering at a site before buying anything, Roboform does it all with one click.

Also you can go direct to a site direct from the directory and one click opens up the site and signs in, very fast and easy.

GaT7 12:27 04 Nov 2010

Muergo, I also have the paid-for version of RoboForm but don't used it any more, & much prefer LastPass :-). G

Hetti 12:43 04 Nov 2010

Crossbow

No it is not listed in manage add ons, there are abt six listed there but after installing one of them (Passwordwiz)I was asked to pay, i dont want to pay for one if I can help it, and I do like Lastpass.
Im sure I have used Lasspass with IE in the past, just dont understand why itis not listed as an add on now.

GaT7 12:51 04 Nov 2010

'....there are abt six listed there...'

There are SIX password managers listed?!

Remove them all or at least the ones you're not using & reinstall LastPass. Then, apart from enabling it in Manage add-ons, you may also need to right-click on the IE menu bar & put a tick next to LastPass - a screenshot: click here. G

Hetti 13:11 04 Nov 2010

Crossbow7

Im sorry I didnt explain that clearly, the six password managers listed are not in my add ons, they are the results I get when I search in add ons for Password managers for IE.
There are no Password managers listed in my add ons.

GaT7 13:18 04 Nov 2010

Right, then LastPass is not installed. Search for LastPass instead, or follow l24's link above to download & install. G

Hetti 17:17 04 Nov 2010

Thanks all
Stupidly I thought it should already be listed as an add on when i did a search for "more add ons"

I now have it up and running thanks

Patrik 11:47 29 Dec 2010

you can capture your password using ProteMac KeyBag PRO [protemac. com] it's keylogger can record you keystrokes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?