Free MSGTAG

Lemur 14:05 23 Aug 2003

I recently downloaded the free version of MSGTAG. It started working well for my sendings, to individual recipients only, but has been getting progressively slower in reporting back when recipients open their mail. It now seems to have stopped altogether.

I did not notice anything about the free version being on a trial basis.

Has anyone else had trouble please?

-pops- 14:30 23 Aug 2003

I've been using the free version for about three months. I occasionally forgets to notify me but on the whole it's fine.

spuds 15:38 23 Aug 2003

What's this about, and how do you get the download?.Regards.

Lemur 16:17 23 Aug 2003

Hello pops,

Thanks for your input. I must send myself a test e-mail, but I have 16 un-notified messages going back over the last week. Maybe I have a load of friends all on holiday at the same time!?

Hello spuds,

I was introduced to MSGTAG when I raised the discussion topic "E-mail receipt". Suggest you look at that discussion, and go to click here which explains the facility better than I could. It does not work on multiple recipients unfortunately for me! Enjoy.

Lemur 16:27 23 Aug 2003

pops.

The test worked well, and in record time!

Meshuga 18:07 23 Aug 2003

Hi Lemur. Iv`e been using mstag and just lately
it has stopped notifying me too. Meshuga.

-pops- 18:17 23 Aug 2003

I find MSGTAG very useful for confirming whether an email has been opened. Better tha the request read receipt which is part of Outlook and OE as the reply is automatic as soon as the recipient opens the message.

suzie005 20:12 23 Aug 2003

i had it but it wouldn't work.if i remember rightly it was my firewall that was causing the problems.

Lemur 23:31 23 Aug 2003

Hello Meshuga, pops and suzie005,

Thanks for your input.

As a novice, I wonder if maybe the facility has been over popular, and perhaps got overloaded. I wonder also, if anyone who has upgraded, has had similar problems, or might be able to find out more??

spuds 11:51 24 Aug 2003

Lemur- Thanks for the link. Just downloaded MSGTAG.Will now give it a try.

suzie005 11:59 24 Aug 2003

i found when i had problems that they were very very helpful and quick to respond to email-when i couldn't sort things out via faq's

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?