Free means free?

MickinPlymouthUK 15:55 05 Apr 2006

Since getting broadband a few weeks ago I've been surfing for free music/song downloads, but the only sites I've come across ask for a "signing-up fee",in the small print despite touting themselves as a "Free" site.
So are there any really truly free download sites around?

john-232317 16:22 05 Apr 2006

Its a con, when they say free downloads they mean they let you download it free after joining.

pj123 16:36 05 Apr 2006

Free Download means just that. It is free to download it but it will cost you to use it.

Read the small print.

wolfie3000 16:47 05 Apr 2006

many unsigned bands and tribute bands offer there music for free on there site just take a nose round with google and see what you come up with but DONT trust any site that offers free music downloads like the ones you mentioned.

terryf 16:58 05 Apr 2006

Sometimes they ask you to download a program that will let you download tunes, Best not to, you don't know what you might be downloading in the way of nasties

Terry Brown 20:13 05 Apr 2006

If you want to listen to 'Free' music, go to PANDORA.COM. You tell it the sort of music you like, and it selects a choice for you.
A very good program.
Terry

ade.h 20:21 05 Apr 2006

Now that the once-brilliant Epitonic.com is not being updated/maintained, the best LEGITIMATE source of free music downloads is click here Pandora - as per above - is a good site for listening to things that might interest you. You could capture that stream of course, but that would be a breach of copyright license, so I'm not going to tell you how to do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?