Free live football over the web?

EFC1878 16:14 16 Dec 2006

Has anybody any experience with this software/link .click here

It claims to provide access to live football coverage but I am nervous about the comment that says 'some vorus checkers will say this file is a virus but it is needed to make the streaming work'

Is it ok or dodgy?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:25 16 Dec 2006

It is a con and you will get the address of this website which I will give you for free.........click here or worse still this one click here

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:27 16 Dec 2006

ps have a look at their forum and see if the phrase 'made up' does not immediately spring to mind....click here

G

EFC1878 16:37 16 Dec 2006

I thought it was too good to be true. I was given this by somebody who has used it this afternoon. Is he likely to be infected with malware, spyware or virus or ???

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:23 16 Dec 2006

Unlikely but he might get lots of adverts popping up at all hours.

G

EFC1878 17:31 16 Dec 2006

So at the risk of possibly misisng the obvious what is the drawback? He has been able to watch 2 full matches for free and all he will ge tis pop-ups but nothing more serious than that?

Does not seem too bad/dangerous if that is the case (unless the pop-ups become intolerable)

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:32 16 Dec 2006

Yes there shouldn't be any problems per se but don't expect Man United vs Chelsea ;-))

G

EFC1878 17:34 16 Dec 2006

Ok. He had a choice of this afternoons games. It is safe then I might give it a whirl - as an Everton supporter it is unlikely we would be blocked as 'star game!'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017