Free instant back up software similar to Memeo for my external HD...?

Antonio Machado 20:48 15 Oct 2013

Hello experts !

I have an external Western Digital Mybook Essential Edition External Hard Drive 640 GB/Go, Serial # WCAUF1570073. When I bought it I installed a software from Memeo (recommended by Western Digital) and since then all my MSW Documents were instantly copied (back up) in my External Hard Drive.

Nevertheless the system stopped working, I guess I have to pay something to Memeo Company if I want the program to continue functioning. I have tried to contact Memeo Tecnical Support but that is an impossible mission.

Would you please suggest me a free of charge software which I might use to make instant copies of all my MSW Documents, automatically ?

Thank you in advance, best greetings from New York,

Antonio Machado.

john bunyan 21:09 15 Oct 2013

I use freefilesynch; you can set it to make a mirror inage of your data to an external drive. (Only for data, not programme files) I made a master folder "My Documents" with all the usual Pictures,Word, Music etc and made a copy to the external drive. The first time takes a while but after that only changed or deleted files are synched.

Freefilesynch

john bunyan 21:10 15 Oct 2013

Another freebie is SynchToy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?