Free Heart Internet Account. FTP Problems

Fullywired 20:45 21 Aug 2006

hi guys!

just recistered for a free heart internet account to host my dads old site until i get it updated. the account gives me FTP access and i have uploaded the files by CuteFTP. however, when i go to the domain (click here) it comes up with the heart interent page. i have even uploaded the files via the file manager in the control pannel and again they do not show on the domain. am i missing something?

Regards

Fully

ade.h 20:48 21 Aug 2006

They might be going to the wrong folder in th directory. I can't rememver what directory Heart uses. Might be public_html.

ade.h 20:48 21 Aug 2006

Terrible typing!

Fullywired 21:14 21 Aug 2006

nope! tried that and still no joy! i even CHMODDED the files for full access to all groubs for a brief period but still no joy! any other ideas?

Regards

Fully

ade.h 21:22 21 Aug 2006

Try deleting the Heart index page, then uploading your index page again.

Fullywired 21:23 21 Aug 2006

hearts index page does not show up! when i log in to the FTP there is nothing there at all!

Regards

Fully

Fullywired 21:43 21 Aug 2006

Quote from the guide on Heart Internet:

"You’ll also find a File Manager inside your eXtend Control Panel which can be used to move files onto the account, as well as a variety of other functions. Please note that your website files always need to be placed inside the ‘public_html’ folder in the hosting account for them to be found when you type in the domain name. A file called ‘index.html’ will have been preloaded into your account, simply overwrite that file with your main page of your site."

however when i log into click here i just get blank, no files no filders. nothing!

Regards

Fully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?