Free firewall that allows xbox360 to connect

charlton200 19:26 29 May 2008

I have zone alarm installed (free version) and its very good.
My wife has an xbox360 connected by the wireless router.
We have tried every thing to connect and it won't with zone alarm on. When I had mcafee it was OK but mcafee slowed everything up.

Can you recommend the next good free firewall thats as good as zone alarm the will let the xbox360 connect.

Thanks as always.

johnnyrocker 19:32 29 May 2008

have you configured ZA to allow access?

johnny.

Joe R 19:35 29 May 2008

My son runs his Xbox 360 fine with Zone alarm.

He allows internet access and server access, for Generic host process for win32 services, and this allows him the access.

Is it possible that the firewall on your router, maybe needs a port forwarded?

simmo09 19:44 29 May 2008

try click here although specifically not aimed at your zone alarm i wrote up how to connect 360 etc. worth a gander

simmo09 19:48 29 May 2008

and whats wrong with windows built in firewall? i just use the built in XP one, as long you are careful you dont need commerical or non-commercial products

charlton200 19:59 29 May 2008

I like zone alarm and I have tried numerous ways to allow xbox360. I have seen way with the pro version but not with the free version.Every time i try to allow access is doesn't work.
I am trying wireless and it works OK through mcafee but not zone alarm free.
I am not connecting by the ethernet cable but wireless.

Thank you

simmo09 20:06 29 May 2008
  grey george 20:16 29 May 2008

If your using a wireless router what happens when you switch off your pc? Zone alarm will be shut down but your router should still be running, if you still cannot connect then it is the router thats blocking you. Have you checked with your isp? I know mine has very specific instructions for connecting games consouls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache