free firewall ?

fatttttty 19:16 20 Feb 2008

hi all i have a acer laptop which comes with norton installed ,its time to pay them for another year so i am getting shut, i have been told to install avast and get a free firewall just dont know which firewall to install does anyone know of a good firewall out there any help much appriciated oh i am running xp.

anskyber 19:19 20 Feb 2008

This is good click here

This is good also but a little more complicated for some who use it. click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 20 Feb 2008

Firewalls :-
Comodo Personal Firewall 2.0 click here
Filesclab click here
Jetico click here
Kerio4 click here
Netveda click here
Nrt firewall 2.0.1 click here
Outpost free click here
R-firewall click here
Securepoint click here
Softperfect click here
Sygate click here
Wyvernworks click here
ZoneAlarm click here

I recommend either zonealarm or sygate

skidzy 19:42 20 Feb 2008
  fatttttty 19:46 20 Feb 2008

cheers everyone great link skidzy

wee eddie 23:16 20 Feb 2008

Take any advice you can about the Un-installation of Norton and remove it before you enable your new AV.

fatttttty 06:37 21 Feb 2008

cheers wee eddie i did do and made sure i got it all out i had heard how invasive it is cant belive how much quicker my system is without it.

Andsome 07:56 21 Feb 2008

Do you feel competent enough to check the registry? You may well be surprised how much Norton crap may be hiding. It would also pay you to run C Cleaner.

fatttttty 15:44 21 Feb 2008

yes have ran ccleaner things are just speeding up all the time not that clued up on diving in the registry any help would be appriciated will also look around the forum

Andsome 12:04 27 Feb 2008

If you have no one to look over your should the first time, it's best not to delve.

PC User 14:33 27 Feb 2008

I have recently changed from ZA to Comodo Pro 3, and although I have not had major problems with ZA (I stayed with version 6), Commodo looks much better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?