Free Firewall

LeedsLass 14:45 08 Apr 2006

Now that Sygate is not free anymore, I'm not sure which Firewall to switch to. Is there any that are similar to Sygate or that you recommend? Free of course ;o)

^wave^ 14:46 08 Apr 2006

zone alarm is free and very good

Stuartli 14:56 08 Apr 2006

Second ZoneAlarm - does everything a home user requires.

Stuartli 14:57 08 Apr 2006
  vinnyT 15:00 08 Apr 2006

You can get Sunbelts Kerio Personal Firewall from click here.

It is the full version for the first 30 days, then reverts to the free version (linits some functions, but these don't really affect a home user anyway.) You can see what functions are available in the comparison chat at the bottom of the page at the link above.

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 15:01 08 Apr 2006

You can get Sunbelts Kerio Personal Firewall from click here.

It is the full version for the first 30 days, then reverts to the free version (linits some functions, but these don't really affect a home user anyway.) You can see what functions are available in the comparison chat at the bottom of the page at the link above.

Hope this helps.

The Spires 18:20 08 Apr 2006

I also use Kerio/Sunbelt, the most stable firewall I have used.

LeedsLass 10:57 09 Apr 2006

Out of Zonealarm and Kerio/Sunbelt, which is the less resource intensive as it's for my laptop which isn't the highest spec in the world.

dms05 11:07 09 Apr 2006

I've use Sygate but changed to Comodo recently click here unlike Zone Alarm and others this isn't a cut down commercial product but a full blown 'free' Firewall. You need to renew the 'free' registration every 365 days. Comodo also have other 'free' products as well. Take a look. No adware or adverts in any of their products - and they have UK support, based in Manchester, who actually answer emails!

freaky 11:09 09 Apr 2006

I have used ZoneAlarm in the past, and currently use Kerio/Sunbelt. Of the two I would consider Kerio uses less resources and is not so obtrusive in operation.

Stuartli 11:28 09 Apr 2006

I have never known ZoneAlarm to prove intrustive.

The only times it makes itself known is when it is fulfilling the requirements of its brief - if it didn't it would be out of the door...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?