free film database

whiits 13:29 29 Dec 2004

does anyone know a good free database for film to be entered from vcr cass. i am new to computers so an easy way to enter the film titles is best

pj123 14:09 29 Dec 2004

Not sure what you mean. Can you give us some more information? What are you trying to do.

gobi 14:24 29 Dec 2004

Are you looking for personal movie databse program? Movie Collector from click here will give you a free trial of up to 50 titles without time limit. Nice program with ability to update film info from internet. Other than that, if you have MS Access, maybe you could try to develop from its template.

pj123 11:09 30 Dec 2004

Received via email:

"i want to input my films on vcr to a database that is simpile to do. that is tape number 1 etc,noumber of films,length,sp/Lp. is it possable to do this"

Don't know about a free one. I have Microsoft Office and Microsoft Works on my PC.

I use the very simple flat file Works Database for my video collection and my record, cassettes and reel to reel tapes.

You could have a look at this one which is available for download from the PCA download page.

click here

It isn't free though, it is shareware.

If you have Office, then why not use EXCEL?

€dstowe 11:54 30 Dec 2004

Do you mean you want information about films?

If so, IMDB click here will give information on just about every commercial film ever made.

pj123 13:39 30 Dec 2004

€dstowe, from the email I got from him I think he just wants to catalogue his own VHS collection.

I use MS Works Database to do that. If he doesn't have Works but has got Office then Excel is probably the best way to go. If he has neither, then I have a CD with Supreme Office Suite, which I am told is compatible with MS Office. There should be something on this CD which will act like a database.

whiits, if you contact me again via email with your address I will post the CD out to you.

€dstowe 13:50 30 Dec 2004

There is a spreadsheet in Open Office - which is free click here

May be what you want?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?