Free file splitter

michaelw 14:23 07 Jan 2010

I know of the file splitters that split files and then they have to be rejoined using the same program but are there any splitters that can simply split a mpeg file into smaller chunks, each of which can play independently?

tullie 14:33 07 Jan 2010

Have you tried HJSplit?

Chris the Ancient 15:03 07 Jan 2010

I do it using Windows Movie Maker

michaelw 15:45 07 Jan 2010

tullie
HJsplit chunks need to be rejoined to play.

Chris the Ancient
You have to re-render.

Thanks for replies, but maybe there isn't one.

eedcam 15:56 07 Jan 2010

Are you talking Mpeg as already in A video_TS folderIf so Dvd Shrink will split and you can euthwer save each one individully or all together but can either play straigh through or title by title

Zeppelyn 16:22 07 Jan 2010

Have you tried Easy Video Splitter, I remember using this a while back to split some large files.

click here

michaelw 09:58 08 Jan 2010

That seems to be exactly what I want, you get 7 days free trial.

However, after I've installed it and selected the wmp video file, chosen to split manually, the size of each of the 3 splits I want, clicked the 'tick' then 'split' it attempts to split then throws up an error message and closes the program.

I've done a 'clean' reinstall, tried it in safemode it still does the same.

michaelw 10:03 08 Jan 2010

It's a wmp video I've rendered in Sony Vegas Movie maker, approx 235 mb; running xp home. I want to chop it into 3 splits without having to re-render.

michaelw 08:49 09 Jan 2010

After experimenting I discovered that Easy Video Splitter has a problem with wmp files but works with everything else.

Cheers to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone