Free file splitter

michaelw 14:23 07 Jan 2010

I know of the file splitters that split files and then they have to be rejoined using the same program but are there any splitters that can simply split a mpeg file into smaller chunks, each of which can play independently?

tullie 14:33 07 Jan 2010

Have you tried HJSplit?

Chris the Ancient 15:03 07 Jan 2010

I do it using Windows Movie Maker

michaelw 15:45 07 Jan 2010

tullie
HJsplit chunks need to be rejoined to play.

Chris the Ancient
You have to re-render.

Thanks for replies, but maybe there isn't one.

eedcam 15:56 07 Jan 2010

Are you talking Mpeg as already in A video_TS folderIf so Dvd Shrink will split and you can euthwer save each one individully or all together but can either play straigh through or title by title

Zeppelyn 16:22 07 Jan 2010

Have you tried Easy Video Splitter, I remember using this a while back to split some large files.

click here

michaelw 09:58 08 Jan 2010

That seems to be exactly what I want, you get 7 days free trial.

However, after I've installed it and selected the wmp video file, chosen to split manually, the size of each of the 3 splits I want, clicked the 'tick' then 'split' it attempts to split then throws up an error message and closes the program.

I've done a 'clean' reinstall, tried it in safemode it still does the same.

michaelw 10:03 08 Jan 2010

It's a wmp video I've rendered in Sony Vegas Movie maker, approx 235 mb; running xp home. I want to chop it into 3 splits without having to re-render.

michaelw 08:49 09 Jan 2010

After experimenting I discovered that Easy Video Splitter has a problem with wmp files but works with everything else.

Cheers to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017