Free download for word programme??

laptopdunce 14:15 15 Dec 2013

I have MS word starter 2010 installed on my sony Vaio laptop, I dont have the full paid version, but when opening the starter to simply write a letter it keeps jamming up, so I thought it might be better to download a free wordprocessor programme for letters and labels etc., (i dont do complex things on Word) - what would the experts recommend? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Ian in Northampton 14:26 15 Dec 2013

OpenOffice is free, well reviewed and compatible with MS Office.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 15 Dec 2013

Free LibreOffice here is also compatible with MS docs.

spuds 14:41 15 Dec 2013

Fully endorse the two above suggestions.

spuds 14:46 15 Dec 2013

Forgot to add, that the Major Geeks website offers some choices or possible suggestions on other word programmes that might help, including the two above click here

Secret-Squirrel 16:14 15 Dec 2013

"....I thought it might be better to download a free wordprocessor programme for letters and labels etc.,"

I would have thought it better to simply repair your Office Starter as it only takes a few mouse clicks:

Go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> select "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" -> click the "Change" button at the top -> answer "yes" when asked if you want to repair the installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?