free download sky tv

strech 23:51 16 Jun 2006

click here
free to download if your a sky customer ive
just downloaded a.v.p alien v preditor

ACOLYTE 00:09 17 Jun 2006

Pity i dont subscribe to sports/movie channels,but most you can get on dvd anyway.

Dipso 00:51 17 Jun 2006

Just wondering, what size was the downloaded file? I'm on a capped usage package so it may not be cost effective for me.

strech 00:54 17 Jun 2006

ye it was 960mb wave file

rodriguez 00:58 17 Jun 2006

Yeah I've got Skybybroadband. You have to be a Sky Sports or Sky Movies subscriber but it's still good. I downloaded some films and some 3rd eye off soccer am (which is funny) and it's all been perfect quality. This is worth signing up for if you can.

Dipso 01:08 17 Jun 2006

Cheers, I can probably accomodate that. I only have the Movies Package for a couple more months (special offer)...time to download some movies I think!

rodriguez 01:29 17 Jun 2006

Just remember that the movies you download are DRM protected and they don't work after a month or so. I plugged the computer into my DVD recorder that I use for recording off the telly and started recording onto a DVD+RW then started the film playing in Windows Media Player fullscreen. Then I'd rip the film off the rewritable disc and put it on DVD-R and it seemed OK. Then just got rid of the downloaded films that were on the computer, bingo! The downloads are WMV format so they're compressed - which means the quality isn't quite as good as DVD or what they're broadcast at, but they're a good match. Most people don't notice the degrade in quality anyway so you should be alright.

John B 08:13 17 Jun 2006

click here

Scroll down to 'Broadband on sky'

Dipso 14:11 18 Jun 2006

I downloaded the software last night to my laptop. It behaved strangley afterwards, fan coming on a lot, that very rarely happens.

I checked the films on offer and must say I was a little disappointed.

This morning I received a security alert from my router of an attempted DOS attack at around 3am this morning (I shutdown at around 1am?). On checking the router logs today, this happened a few times in the hour after that. Is this to be expected when using p2p software as I have never used it before? Has anyone else had this? If the laptop continues to behave weird tonight I will probably bin the application.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?