- Seamless livePCsupport Integration: This version has a built-in Live Support for getting instant help from the experts for any type of problems.
- New User Interface Theme: A new user interface theme has been introduced with this version.
- New Web Based Installer: Now, there is a single setup file which downloads and installs the required products according to operating system the computer has. The product installers are created with Microsoft Windows Installer for native installation/uninstallation support.
- Integrated Sandbox: Proactive Defense i.e. Defense+ now includes a built-in sandbox which combines file system/registry virtualization and least-privileged user account principle in order to combat with unknown malware.
- Default Deny Protection: Defense+ now automatically sandboxes all unknown applications/executables until they are analyzed.
- Significantly fewer number of popup alerts: Defense+, with the help of new sandboxing technologies, has a more powerful default security policy while having significantly fewer number of alerts compared to previous versions.
Also in this version, Defense+ and Firewall, by default, do not create automatic rules for already known safe applications.
- Popup alerts layout: The new popup alerts now include additional options which allow the users to take COMODO Time Machine snapshots or set Windows system restore points, submit suspicious files for immediate analysis.
- Antivirus Engine: Antivirus engine is improved for better detection and cleaning. The new engine now has disinfection support for the infected files.
A new command line virus scanner (cavscan.exe) has been introduced in order to address the need for scanning the computers in windows safe mode or scanning files transferred from MSN etc.