Free CD/DVD Burner

thumbscrew 23:05 04 Nov 2010

Can anyone recommend a freebie CD/DVD burner and explain why they think it's the best?

Bapou 23:20 04 Nov 2010

You are spoiled for choice on this question, click here for a list of the best alternatives to Nero.

Which is the best? First on the list is CD Burner XP, I've used this one before and very good it is.

Last but not least on the webpage, IMGBurn, excellent. Features Blue Ray burning if required.

thumbscrew 23:28 04 Nov 2010

Thanks Bapou, I'll investigate them all...Ultimate sounds good....what say you?

Strawballs 04:12 05 Nov 2010

CD Burner XP was always my choice it will do DVD's as well don't let the name put you off then I use the Ashampoo burning studio a lot as well that too will do Blue Ray

morddwyd 06:57 05 Nov 2010

I use CD Burner XP too.

thumbscrew 09:17 05 Nov 2010

Thanks both, the reason I'm looking is because (I posted this earlier), I used to use a paid for Roxio Creator, but for reasons unknown, on completion I always discovered my Internet connection was disconnected. I assumed it was Roxio, but tried and found the same thing with Windows Media. I then loaded Ashampoo Free and the same thing again...also for some reason cds burned from files with Ashampoo have less volume.Incidentally the only option open to me when the Internet drops is to turn off, reboot and then I can reconnect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?