Free Backup Software

RobCharles1981 19:20 25 Mar 2015

Hi (Not able to find the search box) I'm presently using Acronis True Image, to back up my PC on a Daily/Weekly Basis, but Id like to dip my toes on the freebies on the free backup software any recommendations, would be welcome!

Cheers Rob

wee eddie 21:35 25 Mar 2015

There's one built into Windows

beeuuem 23:01 25 Mar 2015

I bought TI11 many moons ago, the best £20-00 I ever spent on my PC. Macrium Reflect Free, click here is straightforward to use and is well regarded by many.

alanrwood 11:25 26 Mar 2015

Used FBackup for a few years with no problems and it is completely automatic.

RobCharles1981 16:47 26 Mar 2015

Hi thanks for your suggestions,

basically the scenario is this - I upgraded my SSD yesterday and I used Acronis True Image before hand to make a backup of my old SSD that contained my Programs and Games.

I fitted the SSD and made a new part ion in Windows, and proceeded to attempt to restore my backup image but It said it couldn't do the restore (can't remember the name of the error) I attempted to boot in with the Acronis Disk to try that way and still had the same problem.

So weather the software was to blame I don't know, so I decided to dip my toes and go for free software, so far it's doing a better job.

Will update what I downloaded latter.

Cheers Rob

alanrwood 19:00 26 Mar 2015

If I understand you correctly you did not need a backup program, you needed a cloning program to reproduce your original disk structure on the new disk.

DennyT99 11:11 27 Mar 2015

Hi, There are lots of free backup software available on the web such as COMODO Backup, AOMEI Backupper, EaseUS Todo Backup etc.

RobCharles1981 21:33 27 Mar 2015

That's what I downloaded Denny.....

BRYNIT 22:13 27 Mar 2015

To copy the hard drive from one to another you need something like AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.6 CLICK HERE

john bunyan 08:15 29 Apr 2015

I use Acronis True Image on one PC, but for several others of young relatives etc I use (free) Macrium Reflect - this is recommended by many on this forum.

Filehippo macrium.

john bunyan 08:19 29 Apr 2015

PS. To be clear, I have my main HD partition partitioned into C: for OS, Programmes. For this I use Macrium (or ATI). The other (data) partition is backed up very frequently using Frefilesynch on a mirror image basis. Much quicker and enables copies of data to be backed up to several other drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?