Free Avg Antispy expired

Ben capewell 20:11 06 Feb 2007

I did have running the free version of avg antispy wich had the on-line protection, and now it has expired, it still does the manual scans but not the on-line, and active stuff, does any body know, how to get it going again ?

SANTOS7 20:15 06 Feb 2007

Not sure i quite understand what your saying,How can
a free prog Expire, what version of AVG are/where you running..

Newbolt 20:15 06 Feb 2007

Had the same problem - there is a later version of it - still free. Suggest you delete the version you have, then go to the Grisoft website and download the more recent free version.

beynac 20:19 06 Feb 2007

You download a thirty-day trial - not a free version. When the trial is over it reverts to a free version without Resident Shield or automatic updates. If you want these, you need to purchase the full version.

MIke 20:19 06 Feb 2007

That's because the full version of the program isn't free. You get a time limited trial of full version, which reverts to the cut down version you now have. To get back to full functionality you have to pay I'm afraid.

Totally-braindead 20:19 06 Feb 2007

You buy it pure and simple. You had a 15 day trial the trial is over you now have limited function on it and if you want the full function you have to buy it.

Totally-braindead 20:26 06 Feb 2007

If you don't want to pay there are other free programs you could try instead.

SANTOS7 20:26 06 Feb 2007

With all the other free progs at your disposal the free limited version is probably good enough..

Technotiger 20:31 06 Feb 2007

Hi, as long as you have the normal Free AVG, Ad-Aware and a decent Firewall, plus perhaps a RegCleaner then you should have nothing to worry about. That is what I have, and although I spend many many hours on-line I am not bothered by nasties.

Technotiger 20:33 06 Feb 2007

PS - also of course, just be very sensible with your emails received ... never open anything that you do not recognise, especially if it includes attachments!

Ben capewell 20:58 06 Feb 2007

so basically once ive used the trial period, thats it, i just thought one of you guys would of fount a way around the trial period, so ill just keep doing a manual scan, i have got win defender, zone alarm and avg running, so this should do it ?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017