Free AVG 7.1 Antivirus.

Bentheika 18:18 22 Oct 2005

I have ME Windows and find that when I install above free Avg antivirus I can not get any downloads or updates from the above AVG.I have downloaded this AVG before but the site mentions windows 95,98,2000 and XP but not ME.Are there any good free antivirus sites please.Thankyou.

SANTOS7 18:21 22 Oct 2005

click here
some say better than AVG...

Hamish 18:21 22 Oct 2005

Try here also look into Google click here

Bentheika 18:27 22 Oct 2005

I tried Avast before and it gave me so many weeks to try it for free,but after a couple of months I would have to start paying for this or have I got this wrong.

Stuartli 19:50 22 Oct 2005

Very wrong...:-)

The free version (4.6 Home) is completely free to use and the initial registration key is valid for about 60 days.

All that has to be done is revisit the Avast! website, register and a registration key lasting for about a year is sent via e-mail.

At the end of that period you just renew the registration key or, as is most likely, you will probably have downloaded the latest version by then.

Avanst! updates itself automatically if necessary when you go on line, so there's far less to worry about - it's a useful feature for newbies if you know any.

Bentheika 20:22 22 Oct 2005

Thankyou all very much for your help I have just downloaded Avast on to my computer,a great site for information PC Advisor,I have you on my favourites on AOL.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?