Free AntiVirus software supplier query

Belatucadrus 11:54 12 Sep 2010
Answered

Not a problem as such, I was just looking at my list of currently available AV freebies, a list that is now much longer than I can ever remember it being :-

avast!
Avira
AVG
Microsoft Security Essentials
Rising
Comodo
PC Tools
Digital Defender
Panda Cloud
Kingsoft Cloud
DriveSentry Desktop
Clamwin
SecureIT Free
EAV antivirus suite
Nano (Beta)
Preventon
Antivirus Docter
Zilya
Returnil

Additional backup security software

Immunet
Clam AV for windows
Threatfire

Not an argument on the merits of any of these or a desire for recommendations just a query. Anybody know of anymore ?

PS. I do know about BKAV, but can't find a suitable English language page for the freebie.
PPS . Anybody want links to any of the above ask and I'll post, just that there's rather a lot of them and I can't be fagged to add that many hyperlinks.

Dark Mantis 12:31 12 Sep 2010

Just a warning. Be carefuill now as there are many scam "A/V programs" out there that pretend to be what they are not and actually infect your PC and then hold you to randsome to clean it.

Belatucadrus 14:18 12 Sep 2010

Thanks for that timely reminder Mantis, while as I said I can't comment on how good they are the ones listed are in their genuine form OK. Some of them have suffered from mal/scareware merchants pirating their names though.

lotvic 14:40 12 Sep 2010

These two sites that list the Rogue Software are useful for checking programs
click here click here

Belatucadrus 15:47 12 Sep 2010

Also useful if you want to check up on any anti virus software is VirusBulletin click here you will need to register to view the comparatives which is free and well worth doing or subscribe to the full service to get the full text of the comparative reviews. Something I'm far too mean to do.

Belatucadrus 23:17 19 Sep 2010

Bump and close, but if anybody finds anything else please add it to the thread.

Belatucadrus 21:30 19 Oct 2010
Answer

Got another one ZenOK click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017