free anti virus

Petesilver 19:00 27 Jun 2008

any guidance on which one to chose as i have been having problems with AVG

chub_tor 19:03 27 Jun 2008

I've just switched from AVG to AVast click here so far I like it but the male voice announcing the updates makes me jump every time!

Halmer 19:12 27 Jun 2008

You can disable the sounds if you want to (sorry if you knew).

Petesilver 19:16 27 Jun 2008

have you had any probs with it ??

avg mucks up my wireless connection

iscanut 19:29 27 Jun 2008

I have dumped AVG for Avast and so far, so good. I have disabled the sound so that I don't get that awful American voice announcing updates.

MarvintheAndroid 23:26 27 Jun 2008

I have used Avast for several years and so far no problem - you just need to re-register every 12 months. It is only free for home use.

Marv.

handful 10:46 28 Jun 2008

I have gone from AVG (dishard user until V8) to Avast and I think it is far superior. No problems at all.

provider 2 11:16 28 Jun 2008

Shame about the voice, but never mind:

click here

birdface 12:27 28 Jun 2008

Looks like everyone is moving from AVG to Avast.I have an oldish computer and tried avast before and was not impressed.Maybe more modern computers can cope better.Looks like I am in the minority.There have been some good reports about Avira Anti-virus so I may try that next .Because I am a bit low on memory I find that both those programs hog my CPU so the fault is with my computer and not with the programs.

Petesilver 16:17 30 Jun 2008

thanks for all your help, have installed Avast as so far I am very happy with it and having no problems I can see.........................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?