Free Acronis backup software

Pamy 17:32 30 Jul 2007

Many members of this forum recommend Acronis to back up their hard drives, but do you know that you can get it for free?

If you got to click here and download Seagate DiscWizard, it is powered by Acronis.

There is also a PDF manual to download.

Technotiger 19:20 30 Jul 2007

I already have Acronis, but I have had a look, and yes - interesting, looks ok.

Pine Man 19:27 30 Jul 2007

I can't find anywhere on that site to actually download the wizard?

Probabilitydrive 19:28 30 Jul 2007

click here
or type Seagate DiscWizard, in the search mask.

Technotiger 19:49 30 Jul 2007

Hmm, pretty straightforward, open Pamys' link, click on Download Center, click on Discwizard.

Pine Man 20:03 30 Jul 2007

Having a senior moment - got it now!

Mango Grummit 20:41 30 Jul 2007

on click here
where it says:--

"However the "gotcha" seems to be that at least one of the drives on your system must be a Seagate one (to use Seagate DiscWizard) or a Maxtor (to use the similarly featured MaxBlast5)."

I don't know if the above statement is true or not, just thought anyone considering downloading from Pamy's link should be aware.

Mango Grummit 20:42 30 Jul 2007

Could have been confusing ;o)

Pamy 23:16 10 Aug 2007

Sorry to everyone, this download is licenced for Seagate and Maxtor HDD only All other drives beware.

sunny staines 11:03 11 Aug 2007

I tried this [seagate software] a few weeks back when it was first mentioned in the forum. Problem i found it only backs up the whole hard drive and not individual partitions on their own. I also tried the free XXclone software but after initial good results have found it temperamental and had some failed restores which corrupted my pc. gone back to an old copy of ghost 9 i had. [norton save & restore another one to avoid it corrupts nis2007}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?