Frame Stuttering

User-361D919A-9369-49DD-BB21C57F113ABA43 19:57 16 Aug 2009

My high-spec vista PC struggles to run Flight Simulator X. It specs are: Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU, nVidia GeForce 285GTX 6GB of RAM. When playing the game in ultra high the game keeps pausing and stuttering. If I play it on my laptop at Ultra High it is fine. Specs: Intel Core 2 T9400 3GB RAM and a nVidia GeForce 280M.
Help

howard64 09:02 17 Aug 2009

try right clicking a blank area on the screen and properties then settings and advanced then troubleshooting - then reduce the hardware acceleration to zero. This may do this for you. By the way these instructions are for xp I think it is the same for vista but being a dinosaur I am sticking with xp.

I am Spartacus 09:19 17 Aug 2009

Whenever I've turned off hardware acceleration it's brought the display almost to a halt.

Try updating the graphics drivers and/or install FSX Service Pack 2 click here

crosstrainer 09:24 17 Aug 2009

As I am Spartacus say's, install SP2 (1 first if you have not already done so)

Then update your Graphic drivers:

click here

The 285 did have some initial issues, but with your spec. you should be able to play with all settings at maximum :))

crosstrainer 09:28 17 Aug 2009

Just another though....What controller are you using?

Contoller is a Logitech Attack3. Have installed SP2 still no help. Put hardware acceleration to zero still no help.

crosstrainer 09:41 17 Aug 2009

It's that stick mate.....Sorry to have to tell you, but I have an even older one that just won't work properly under Vista.

You can try the drivers from:

click here

I tried it with my old Wingman, and it just wont do it. To test the theory, try playing the game without the controller (device manager game controllers remove)

If it runs properly without the Joystick, then it's time to buy a new one.

Technotiger 09:53 17 Aug 2009

I agree with crosstrainer - I have FSX Deluxe and use the Saitek X52 Flight Control System ... click here

I run FSX at Ultra High, but only have a bog-standard Nvidia 6600, 3Ghz CPU and 4Gb RAM - though with my XP only showing 3.2Gb RAM as normal.

crosstrainer 10:02 17 Aug 2009

Nice stick:)) When they let me sit at my PC again, I will be buying one. :))

Even with the old Wingman, and 2x8800GTX cards the sim ran like glue.

Removed stick and the dopey generic drivers Vista contains, and off it went.

Will be flying again at the weekend (doctor willing) so best order one now.....Thanks mate :((

More expense :))

Tried the game without the joystick and still no luck.

crosstrainer 10:56 17 Aug 2009

As long as you have not lost too much in terms of game saves etc.

A) uninstall the game (use Revo I will post a link later)

2) Re-install the game, then visit:

click here

For SP1

Then visit:

click here

For sp2

They must be installed in order.

Make sure that your controller is disconneted and that all drivers relating to have been removed.

Revo:

click here

Use the advanced option to remove FSX, and all controller drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?