Frame rate keeps dropping on World of Warcraft.

Baskerville 14:02 26 Apr 2008

Hi all,

My son plays World of Warcraft on a desktop pc, it is rather old being a Median circa 2001, I put a new graphics card into it two years back it's a Sapphire Radeon Atlantis 9600.
My son tells me that the game appears to lag, then works ok before lagging again, is there a way to get the game to run more fluently? the comp is running XP,
Thanks for any help,

Baskerville.

click enable v sync in video options and change all setting sliders to medium, if that doesnt help it sounds like ran. a lot of people think because wow is quite old it will run on faily low specs, but with every patch comes graphic advances, i play with 7 add ons and it uses about 50/60 mg, in battle grounds now you can have up to 80 players on screen at any one time.
so as it advances either upgrade system or turn settings down, if you hover mouse over them it will tell you how to improve performance

Ditch999 18:06 26 Apr 2008

This can also be caused by a high ping on your internet connection or a lot of players playing in the same area at the same time which increases latency. Ideally Ping should be below 150.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?