Fps drops , very annoying

Fezwa 18:33 13 May 2015

I want to say in front that i know almost nothing about any computer hardware/software related stuff when it comes to specs or stuff i am doing wrong.

So here is my problem , on every game i play (doesnt matter how the graphics are on the game , and i mostly play league of legends) the performance drops , now this is not only when something happens which would require alot of cpu or anything it just happens when im not doing anything basicly in the game just walking on the battlefield. what happens is that fps drops from 60 to 20-30 every 5 seconds for 2 seconds long , and this is not the worst kind of fps drop i can still see things but it basicly makes a game other than league unplayable considering in an fps game like Insurgency you actually need those 2 seconds to make quick decisions.

these are the specs of my laptop (sorry if i dont inform some important stuff)

Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5ghz - 3.1Ghz with turbo boost NVidia Geforce GT 750M 500 GB HDD I have a windows 8.1 (if you need more information ill be glad to help you dont worry i just dont really know how to find what kind of specs i use)

So ive tried multiple things such as running malware scannes virus scanners which all found nothing really important , ive tried tweaking the settings from my graphic card between balanced and high performance or shutting down unnecessary processes all with no result , it doesnt matter on which profile i play i still have the fps drops. I would like to know if this is hardware or software related , i thought about cleaning my fan but im too scared to do it myself and since there are ppl who would do it , they all charge money for it And i cant have my laptop for those days which i kind of need for school work.

Again i apologize for my bad english or my lack of information this is my first time posting a thread on any Forum so i dont really know whats expected of me .

thankyou in advance! a fellow PC gamer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?