FP 2000

edee66 14:27 29 Jan 2006

Why does my webpages that need editing (looking at them on www). Look ok in frontpage 2000 editing? How do you combat that anomaly? I thought it might be the frame but 'Frames' are greyed out in the dropdown. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Forum Editor 14:50 29 Jan 2006

to your site it might help us diagnose what's going on.

Are the FrontPage extensions running on the server?

edee66 12:53 30 Jan 2006

The extensions are installed Editor. I edited a page (Forensics, page2) and although it's ok in the edit prog but no change after uploading whilst other pages were? Not sure if it's anything to do with frames or the window itself. Frames is greyed out anyway so can't use them.

Thanks

click here

PurplePenny 13:10 30 Jan 2006

Are you sure that you are not seeing a cached version of the page? Try reloading the page using your browser's reload function or the f5 button on your keyboard.

Also can you let us know what you changed so that we can tell you whether we are seeing the original or the edited page.

edee66 14:39 31 Jan 2006

Not sure what you mean by reload Ed, publish? Probably wouldn't know if I was looking at a cached version or not to be honest. As mentioned above the page is 'Forensics (page2)' on the website. There is a section of answers and questions on the page which although corrected and uploaded are still not aligned. I have noticed that when I open the folder with the website (Look in:)they don't have 'htm'attached to page title.

Thanks

edee66 11:45 01 Feb 2006

Member, the present website is a little dated because I had a lot trouble which, to cut a long story short meant I had to upload an older version from disc. That in itself has been a struggle because I wanted to use FP 2003 but it wouldn't upload so went back to 2000. Plus I'm a bit lost when getting into the tricky parts of web building. Not sure if that answers your question (the actual text I referred to, being jumbled up, was between the attorney and witness, F.page2).

Thanks

edee66 11:48 01 Feb 2006

Member, sorry did you mean some of the code should be deleted or rearranged?

PurplePenny 22:20 01 Feb 2006

You have to give us more information. *You* know what is jumbled because you know what it should say but we have no idea.

Tell us the wording that is on the page that you are seeing and then tell us what should be there on the revised page.

edee66 11:35 02 Feb 2006

Penny, as stated above, it's 'Forensics, page 2' on the website. There is a short transcript between an attorney and a witness. The lines are not 'aligned' although I had aligned them in the edit prog. They don't change after uploading. Maybe it is something in the source code that should or should not be there? Not familiar with that part of web. The code as far as I know is what was on the disc when I uploaded and have'nt touched it.

Thank you

Forum Editor 13:08 02 Feb 2006

That doesn't sound right to me, and I think it might be an idea if you tried again. The site that's currently on the server could do with some re-design work - the navigation in particular isn't exactly intuitive, and the font size is far too big.

If you arranged your text in tables you would find the whole thing easier to control. I know that doesn't help you with your immediate problem, but we should be able to sort that out, once we have the information we need.

Have you got FTP access to your server space?

If you fancy emailing me with the login details I'll happily take a look at what's there, and that would enable us to work our way through. As the others have said, we need to know what's actually there, as opposed to what should be there, and the timestamps on the html files will help in that respect.

beynac 15:39 02 Feb 2006

Sorry FE. I seem to have messed up the page format with that long, unbroken line of text. Could you split it for me please.

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?