FOXIT Reader and ASK toolbar

mooly 08:10 18 Dec 2009

Any views or opinions on FOXIT PDF reader wanting to install ASK toolbar.
If you choose not to install it then message says various features disabled in Foxit.

As ever Google throws up loads of controversy over this... some calling it "malware" and many now not even recommending Foxit because of this.
Typically,

click here
Any opinions... I have installed it to test... and it seems OK. Have disabled ASK toolbar in IE8 options as I never intend using it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:13 18 Dec 2009

Just disable the toolbar or remove it....problem solved.

G

User-1229748 08:15 18 Dec 2009

could use this click here

mooly 08:27 18 Dec 2009

Thanks,

GANDALF <|:-)> I have just disabled it... all seems OK. Wasn't sure about uninstalling toolbar, whether that would cause problem either with Foxit or just by not uninstalling fully as these things often seem to do.

smackheadz...
If I had seen that first might have been tempted to try it... although it's no big deal to revert back to disk image.

Sea Urchin 09:18 18 Dec 2009

I have always refused to install the Ask Toolbar with Foxit - it makes no difference to the operation of the program. There are a few programs which try to install the toolbar by default - you just need to keep awake while installing.

PS Nothing wrong with the Ask Toolbar - it's just that I already have as many toolbars as I need.

mooly 13:54 18 Dec 2009

Thanks Sea Urchin...

Smackheadz... I have taken the opportunity of trying your suggestion and am trying the PDF reader from your link. That seems good too :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?