found virus on pc

>steve< 22:50 07 Dec 2005

just found a virus called disk-1.exe on my pc run avg free it is cannot heal virus because it is in the archive doese anybodey know how to get rid of this nasty.

phono 22:52 07 Dec 2005

By archive I assume it is in system restore, to get rid of it disable system restore, run an Avg check, then re-enable system restore.

VoG II 22:54 07 Dec 2005

If it is in the Virus Vault then it cannot do you any harm. You should be able to delete it from there.

If you mean that it is in a System Restore point then the only easy way to remove it is to disable system restore click here then re-enable it.

PaulB2005 22:55 07 Dec 2005

What is the exact location?

phono 23:10 07 Dec 2005

Do you need his post code? ;^))

VoG II 23:12 07 Dec 2005

Too many Breezers methinks.

PaulB2005 23:14 07 Dec 2005

As in the directory. At least that'll tell you where it is. I suspect the file is in a ZIP file and in typical anti virus scanner fashion it can't remove it from the archive.

---
Why the drinking reference?

phono 23:15 07 Dec 2005

Just trying to inject a bit of humour, I hope I didn't offend anyone.

BTW It's Bushmills for me, not Breezers.

phono 23:18 07 Dec 2005

Apologies, just trying to be light hearted, probably the wrong thing to do, I wasn't making any drinking references BTW.

Mytob 23:25 07 Dec 2005

if it is in system restore jut turn it off and back on again. I would not bother with it anyway it does nothing but hog amazing ammounts of hd room and never works! Iv tryed it countless times and it never does anything. If it is in a archive such as a zip or a cab file you may have more problems an the freebs arnt usualy able to remove from zips hence the paid for version of it. If it is lerking somewhere on you windows directory then you will have to find the exact name of the file and go to processes in control pannel and kill its process befor removal as you cant delete a file that is in use. I would suggest using kaspersky ativirus pro at about £40. True you never hear much of it but out of all the av iv tryed this is the best by miles with updates every few hours! Dont beleve the ppl in pc world and such places about the wounders if norton. Trust me it is micky mouse compared to kaspersky!

PaulB2005 23:26 07 Dec 2005

It's OK. Just wondered why when i thought it was a reasonable question. Thought i;d missed something!!

Just my paranoia....

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?