found them can i delete them

lakeman 13:37 27 Jan 2009

had a few probs with pc slowing up ,doing strange things etc, ran my virus scans and it seems i have a few bugs..i tracked them down easily enough but what now ,can i delete things in registry. eg of what i found"Downloader zlob HBK Trojan.reg value."software\microsoft\videoplugin\..three more are the same but end with...aid
said
sid
can i delete these..i should mention i am using freeware progs that will find but not remove these bugs.im using malaware and avg

MAJ 13:49 27 Jan 2009

Use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Mbam) click here and Superantispyware click here they are both free and don't charge for removal.

lakeman 15:09 27 Jan 2009

tried malaware which initially found and removed a few probs but now finds none while xoft spy se found a lot but doesnt remove any til you purchase, which i may do.my question was really wether i could manually remove them or is it best to quarantine them and leave well alone

MAJ 15:24 27 Jan 2009

Yes you can manually remove them, but make sure you back them up first, just in case of any adverse effects. In the registry, right-click on the folder they are in and Choose Export. That will give you a backup of that folder in the form of a .reg file. Then delete the original from the registry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?