Found new hardware message

wrg 09:57 30 Nov 2007

Morning all

I have just got my laptop back after it was sent off to be repaired. The problem was that the battery would not charge. Anyway I have just turned it on and I get the following message "Windows needs to install driver software for your TS c/rO C / V W T - 632 ATA Device" This is displayed under found new hardware. It is now waiting for my response to which my initial response could not be repeated on here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The laptop is Advent 7113 with Vista Premium.

Thanks

WRG

johnnyrocker 09:59 30 Nov 2007

vista forum?

johnny.

wrg 10:01 30 Nov 2007

Do I need to type it in again or can I add it to it some how

Pamy 10:02 30 Nov 2007

Take it back

wrg 10:05 30 Nov 2007

I did not take it anywhere. It was collected by whoever was looking at it. I got it from Curries and as it is under 1 year old they picked up and sent it off

Pamy 10:22 30 Nov 2007

Go to Currys with it then

wrg 10:24 30 Nov 2007

Do you think they would do something or just refer me to their tech guys. Just tried to restart the laptop and it will not boot up just hangs

Pamy 10:41 30 Nov 2007

Curry is part of PC World, so I would try them.Even if they tell you to take it there. But make sure they understand how the problem has come about.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 30 Nov 2007

1. did you get any driver discs with the machine?
if so insert disc and let windows install the driver.

2. If no drivers disc the click here see second post down on Advent support forum.

3. or take it back to curries.

wrg 11:03 30 Nov 2007

Thanks Fruit Bat

I am at work at the moment so will try it when I get home. I cannot remember whether I got a driver disc with it.

wrg 10:14 03 Dec 2007

Morning All

Just to let you know, I managed to install the driver it was asking for rebooted and then similar problem, so installed another driver and rebooted and guess what? same thing. I ended up doing a destrective recovery and was still having problems. I have sent it back. Thanks all for your time and effors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?