Forwarding Pictures with emails problem

User-54B94A8E-8293-4ADE-9AB078E114526AEB 16:51 12 Jul 2007

Although I am able to attach pictures to emails with no difficulty, if I forward a picture it is replaced by a rectangle and small square with a red 'X'.
Advice would be appreciated
Thankyou - Wol

john bunyan 17:10 12 Jul 2007

I suspect this is am anti spam feature. Usually you have to click on the red x to open the picture if you know the sender. Spammers use pictures to send unwanted stuff. Most of my spam has pictures in the body of the message to avoid mail rules - if anyone knows how to write a rule on Outlook Express to block such pictures I'd be grateful.

My problem is when forwarding emails on with previously received pictures etc. These have all been virus checked incoming as are my outgoing messages.
- Wol

john bunyan 17:40 12 Jul 2007

I think the only answer is to save the pix in My Pictures and then Insert them as files onto the e mail or as pictures. A bit cumbersome I know but it works. JB

Pamy 17:45 12 Jul 2007

Where are the pictures coming from that you are forwarding. Americans tend to use Microsoft Powerpoint, so who ever you send them to also has to have Power Point viewer.

Pamy, Thanks for that but the rectangle & 'X' replaces the images in my outgoing message as seen in 'sent' messages!
- Wol

Pamy 18:23 12 Jul 2007

OK, does this happen if you send a picture that you have produced?

gudda96 18:47 12 Jul 2007

Wol

Have you tried to highlite pics, r/click, send to, mail recipient, insert addie.

Pamy, Pictures I have produced are sent with no problem.

gudda96, Thanks for the suggestion, please could you interpret " addie " ?

- Wol

Pamy 10:33 13 Jul 2007

Like leccie is electricity, so addie is address

Pamy 10:38 13 Jul 2007

So if your own pictures are sent OK then you can send one to yourself, then try and forward that e-mail to yourself to see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?