forward mbs

podlod 13:33 03 Jul 2008

Hi, as I live in the country in france my ISP only gives me 1 mbs to be able to forward in my emails a series of photos or small video by attachment, and needless to say it will not send them. Is there anything I can download to that will be able to let me perform this action? I have tried shrinkpic, but it does not seem to work on my email, any ideas please.

mfletch 14:01 03 Jul 2008

I use yousendit you can send 100mb free

click here

podlod 13:11 04 Jul 2008

Hi, thank you both for the info, I am very soon about to start a new website and it involves downloading my digital photos so I hope the links you have given me also includes me being able to download to my website a certain amount of photos?

podlod 12:46 05 Jul 2008

Sorry marg I did not explain myself properly.
I am about to start a host website and I am quite ignorant on the workings of what you are allowed, and I assumed that the excess mbs are my end or are they my hosts area, I must admit I am slightly confused?

podlod 09:56 10 Jul 2008

Hi, Mfletch I have signed up to YOUSENDIT, or for the free send it now file, do I use just the website?

mfletch 11:20 10 Jul 2008

Yousendit is for sending large emails to other people {email addresses} not websites,

On your new website there will be a section where you can browse your documents>pictures etc and upload them to your website,

DieSse 11:36 10 Jul 2008

A limit on email attachments does not apply to uploads to you hosting site. They're two entirely different mechanisms.

A couple of points for clarity.

Sending from your system to a hosting site is uploading, not downloading.

mbs is meaningless. I think you mean MegaBytes, which is MB.

m = milli
b= bits
s=seconds

podlod 07:36 11 Jul 2008

Thank you again for the info, can you still tell me do I need to activate the YOUSENDIT I have downloaded, or can i just send emails from the website without activating?

mfletch 15:23 11 Jul 2008

Send from the website

mfletch

podlod 09:27 12 Jul 2008

Thanks for all the info, so I can now remove the YOUSENDIT from my pc, yes? and just work from the site?

mfletch 14:30 12 Jul 2008

Yes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?