Formatting Hard Drive,Help Please

cheffy 20:21 23 Sep 2008

I have an Evesham PC AMD64 3500+ 2.21ghz Processor 1GB Ram, running Windows XP Professional 64Bit SP2. The graphics are 2 Inno3D GeForce 6600GT cards in SLI formation.
I just reconnected this PC as it has been in storage for 12 months, I was prompted by windows update to install several updates and afterwards I had lost all sound. Tried system restore,updated and reinstalled drivers, didn't work. I decided to use recovery CD, I now have sound but at start up I have 2 copies of windows, the first is the newly installed one the second the original. I think this is because I have two drives in raid configuration.
Stupidly I assumed that the restore PC would sort everything out automatically but it didn't. Now I am out of my depth by a long way to say the least.
Can anyone please tell me in very simple language how to put things right?

BurrWalnut 13:32 24 Sep 2008

Remove a second version of Windows click here

cheffy 15:14 24 Sep 2008

Thankyou, I'll give it a try.

cheffy 19:54 24 Sep 2008

Thanks BurrWalnut,I now only have one copy of Windows, it worked a treat and even I was able to follow the instructions. Now I have to figure out how to set up the raid configuration, it is disabled in the BIOS and from what I have read I need to use a floppy to install the drivers(no floppy drive on PC!). I have to try and find my USB one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?