formatting CD-RW's

plectrum 23:59 22 Apr 2003

I've heard that it's possible to format a CD-RW to make it behave like a large floppy.
Can anyone tell me how. I'm using XP Pro, i imagine that I would have to use some third party software as I can't find anything in XP.
Thanx.

Gandalph 00:12 23 Apr 2003

I am assuming you have a CD-ReWriter fitted to your machine. You will need software (that should have come with your CD-RW) to format the CD in UDF format. That's Universal Disk Format by the way. After the disc is formatted you can use it just like you would an ordinary 3.5" floppy disc. You can add or delete files to it or re-format the whole thing again. Hope this info helps. Cheers. :-)

woodchip 00:13 23 Apr 2003

You need NERO or Easy CD Creator one that is compatible with your CDRW drive you need to check there sites for CDRW support, I will give you the first one click here there are also extra plug in's for CDRW drives

woodchip 00:19 23 Apr 2003
  woodchip 00:20 23 Apr 2003

The program that format's in NERO is "InCD"

beeuuem 00:22 23 Apr 2003

This link may help to make it clearclick here

Ironman556 00:29 23 Apr 2003

If you go through the Adaptec route, then you'll ant Direct CD. Search the forum there's a few threads on this.

When you format a disc, it'll take a while even on a quick drive/media (possibly 20 mins +) and may look like it's stopped responding, but leave it to get on with it and you'll have no probs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?