FORMATTING CD

GARVINO 17:53 07 Jul 2009

I have nero 6 installed on my computer.I have LG lightscribe burners. Can someone please explain how to format a CD using Nero 6

Technotiger 18:14 07 Jul 2009

Nero StartSmart - in the main window hover cursor over the Extras icon (last in the row), you will then see the options to Erase CD or Erase DVD.

Stuartli 18:57 07 Jul 2009

Why do you need to format your disks?

baldydave 20:54 07 Jul 2009

As stuartli says,Why do you need to format as they are not like the old floppies you used to right click and format.
Put cd in drive, no need to format open up nero and select the correct setting eg audio for music files/or data for document files etc.
Example select data icon then select data cd a box will open then just use add button to select files you wish to burn(copy) to cd.
The other option to look for is multisession which allows extra files to be added at a later date or the at once which will finalise disk which means you cannot add files to the disk at a later date.
Bear in mind you cannot format/reuse a cd-r disk once used that is it,but if you use a cd-rw disk you can erase the disk and start again(in nero extras).
Hope this helps

Confab 22:13 07 Jul 2009

You can use a CDRW's or DVDRW's for that matter just like a big floppy drive. I use Nero InCD have a look

Confab 22:14 07 Jul 2009

Sorry posted a bit early above!

You can use a CDRW's or DVDRW's for that matter just like a big floppy drive. I use Nero InCD have a look
click here for some more info

Confab

MAT ALAN 22:22 07 Jul 2009

click here

Good EH!!!

Stuartli 23:29 07 Jul 2009

You can use CD-Rs, DVD-Rs and CD/DVD-RW disks like a hard drive if you use InCD or similar first - however, the -R disks can only be used until full, in contrast to a -RW disk.

Multisession allows you to use a CD-R or DVD-R until full.

A wide range of information on matters appertaining to disk media can be found at:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?