Formatting

a_major 17:10 20 Jul 2007

A virus recently found its way on to my computer. ABG eventaully took care of it but its left to much corruption on my hard drive, so I've decided to format the drive and reinstall XP with my recovery disk. I've got some pretty important work for college on there tho but its all on the other hard drive i've got: D:/.

If I format C:/ and reinstall XP, will all the documents, MP3s, MOVs, everything of D Drive remain intact?? Thanks. Alex.

woodchip 17:12 20 Jul 2007

Before You do, Try the Repair tool In the Thread above That I posted

a_major 17:30 20 Jul 2007

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that's gonna do it sadly. But what do you think about my documents - will they be safe when I format?

Belatucadrus 19:23 20 Jul 2007

If you reformat, nothing will remain intact. You need to back up everything you want to keep as the act of formatting the disk will clear everything.
NOTHING will be safe.

Pine Man 19:28 20 Jul 2007

If I read this correctly a_major has got TWO hard drives and he only wants to format ONE of them. As such everything on the other drive will remain safe.

paul€ 19:41 20 Jul 2007

" If I format C:/ and reinstall XP, will all the documents, MP3s, MOVs, everything of D Drive remain intact?? "

Yes

Belatucadrus 21:30 20 Jul 2007

I stand corrected, I'll be more specific, reformatting will clear the contents of the drive in question, additional drives and or partitions will be unaffected.

Switcher 22:23 20 Jul 2007

YES

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache