formatted old computer

halken 16:32 10 Jun 2010

Ive formatted my brothers computer (hewlett packard runnung xp pro) everythin went fine but i need some help in device manager under OTHER DEVICES theres a question mark alongside it and ethernet controller, multimedia controller network controler and video controler ifound the website click here

typed in the model number but i dont know what to download can anyone help.
thanks Kenny

woodchip 16:50 10 Jun 2010

Drivers are not loaded where you see the question mark. If you do not have these on a disc you will have to download from HP site

halken 16:54 10 Jun 2010

I realise that and if you click this link it takes you to the website but i dont know what to download do i get every thing or just certain ones

click here

woodchip 16:59 10 Jun 2010

just the ones that have the question mark for your model pc

woodchip 17:00 10 Jun 2010

It will not do no harm to load all the drivers

halken 18:56 10 Jun 2010

ive got everything sorted now apart from the network controller can someone look at the website and tell me what to download please
cheers Kenny

halken 18:58 10 Jun 2010

click here

the website

woodchip 23:21 10 Jun 2010

You need to find out what Network Card or chip is fitted> look in device manager, it may tell you the network card name

Taff™ 01:49 11 Jun 2010

An educated guess would be either 2 or 3. However, try this first if you can connect to the internet with the machine. Go to windows updates and look for the optional software one`s - you might find the correct one there and save yourself the hassle. (I did this week looking for a network controller for a wireless card in a laptop.)

onthelimit 08:53 11 Jun 2010

If you run the Belarc scanner, it should identify the network card for you.

halken 22:38 11 Jun 2010

sorted thanks every body

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017