Formating my XP desktop

nilefish 17:40 14 May 2009

Hi,

How do I format my PC? I have no CD or floby dick 2 do that..please explain in deails
Thanks

Diemmess 19:11 14 May 2009

If you FORMAT your PC without any CDs to restore what you will have wiped clean, you will have a PC which will do absolutely nothing!

Perhaps your PC is in a mess or not working properly.
It will help us to help you if you describe why you think you need to do this.

oldbeefer2 19:42 14 May 2009

You don't have a 'floby dick' - lucky you!

canarieslover 19:52 14 May 2009

Naughty thoughts!!!!

tullie 20:21 14 May 2009

As Diemness says,even if you could format, if you havent then got an operating system installed,the PC is as usefull as a chocolate teapot.

lotvic 21:36 14 May 2009

Format means to wipe clean.

If you have no CD and no floppy then there is no way you can format the C:\ drive.
you cannot format it because you are using it and any attempt to format will be denied because the drive is in use.

You could take it out and hook it up as a slave extra drive in a different pc and format it.

As Diemmess has asked - why do you want to format?

Terminus90 19:30 20 May 2009

you need aboot disk then mate click here or ou could format the disk by booting from your xp disk, and re-install the o/s

tullie 20:48 20 May 2009

He hasent got a disk

ronalddonald 23:24 20 May 2009

dont you hae disc, you could try borrowing a disc from a friend, i presuming you have an xp product key on the computer its probably a sticker stuck some where on the harddrive.

If you cant get hold of windows xp disc then you can buy one from novatech click here computers or cougar computers cant remeber the website address, Im very surprised you don't have a cd.

ronalddonald 23:29 20 May 2009

website by Terminus90 $4 dolors for windows xp money worth it than going buying from over here in the uk.

tullie 00:09 21 May 2009

The product key will be on the computer,not the hard drive.Many computers dont come with a cd these days.He is not looking for xp money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?