Formating a Memory Stick

Expat 1 12:24 06 Apr 2006

I bought a 256Mb Sony memory stick from PC City, (PC World) as it’s known as out here in Spain, put it in my Samsung Digital Camera. When I tried to transfer stills from a tape, which Iv’e done without any problems before with the stick I lost. I get the message “Not Formated” have attempted to format in the camera, through my PC through USB connection, and using the camera installation disc. Has anyone any ideas Please, as to what I can try next? Would be very gratefull for any suggestions.

xania 13:30 06 Apr 2006

I would suspect the memory stick. Take it back and see what they say.

vinnyT 13:56 06 Apr 2006

Can you try to format it on someone elses pc? If this dosn't work, it sounds as if you've done all that can reasonably expected, do as xania suggests and return it.

vinnyT 14:01 06 Apr 2006

Just looked at this pic of the memory stick, click here, it has a write protect switch.

Silly question, I know, but you have made sure that the stick isn't protected, yes?

Hope this helps.

€dstowe 14:55 06 Apr 2006

Just a thought but if the stick is for a camera does it have to be formatted in the camera according to what is required by the camera?

I recall having problems with a memory card for a Fuji camera some time ago that had its own special "Fuji format".

Expat 1 14:58 06 Apr 2006

vinnyT
Not a silly question mate, cos I thought of that after I made the post and it isn't write protected either.

xania -
Am thinking that myself but dreading taking it back cos my Spanish is very limited LOL.

And people think i'ts easy living in Spain. weathers nice tho !!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?