FORMATING DISCS

RAMSON 20:34 16 Apr 2008

When I have finnished making a movie on the XP version of Windows Movie Maker and have got it ready to burn to disc I see a message 'put a blank disc into CD drive. This is when there is already a blank disc in the drive. If I click on burn to see what happens I get message 'No Readable Disc. Does the disc need formating, and if so how do I do this? This problem has only recently cropped up. Windows Movie Maker uses HImat.

ba2dmi 20:55 16 Apr 2008

you needc to use a dvd r disc

Bagsey 21:07 16 Apr 2008

I dont think that movie maker burns dvds just cds.
Ramson.
Check that you are using the correct discs for your burner. CD-R or CD+R. The wrong one always asks for me to format it.

zit 21:08 16 Apr 2008

Have you sellected to to burn a DVD and incerted a CD, and vis-versa. I have done this myself

[email protected] 21:10 16 Apr 2008

Maybe you are breaking the correct chain of events.
From what you say you are inserting a blank writable CD before being asked to do so.
Just a guess but try inserting it when prompted and make sure you are putting it into the drive it is expecting IE: If you have 2 drives make sure you are using the one the program wants to burn to.
You don't need to format the disc and if you are new to this, use RW's to begin with just so you don't trash new R's inadvertently ;-)

[email protected] 21:13 16 Apr 2008

Ummm, DVD wasn't mentioned? It's a CD for VCD & SVCD.

[email protected] 21:21 16 Apr 2008

Which burning program are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?