formating a 3 1/2 disc

cooki8c 16:40 18 Jul 2008

help I need somebody
How dop I format a 3 1/2 inch disc I have a camera with such a disc but cannot reformat it can antone help

thanks cooki8c

€dstowe 16:49 18 Jul 2008

Do you mean a floppy disk?

Years ago I had a Sony camera which used a floppy. The camera would format the disk.

I recall, though that the disk had to be read in a computer to get anything meaningful from it e.g. prints or transfers. This being the case, you need a computer with a floppy drive and, if it has that then you will be able to format from your computer.

Or have I misunderstood?

Pamy 17:01 18 Jul 2008

If it's a disc from your camera then format it using the camera

FreeCell 17:35 18 Jul 2008

Agree with Pamy as camera may need sspecial formatting.
As a general guide to format the disk using a computer. Place disk in floppy drive, in My Computer right click on the floppy (usually drive a:) and select Format.

daba 19:06 18 Jul 2008

Although not 3 1/2", cooki8c might mean an 8cm CD or DVD rewriteable disc. These are roughly the same size (8cm = 3.14").

We need cooki8c to come back on this.

€dstowe 22:10 18 Jul 2008

If it is an optical disk as daba suggests then you should be able to format it either in the camera or in the computer using the software supplied with the camera.

Note that the tray in a standard optical disk drive will accept these small size disks.

cooki8c 21:51 25 Jul 2008

thanks for all the help but I have since found out from a photographic shop I cant reformat a photo disc with a computer many thanks for the sugestions cookie8c

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?