Format Hard Drive Need Print out of all Programs

Shikaree 12:16 03 Feb 2009

Hi Folks,

I wish to reformat my Hard Drive. I have everything backeded up to an External Hard Drive -Seagate Freeagent. I believe that it does not back up the Operating System only Files.

I have XP Pro

When I reformat I'll loose all my data and Programs. Is there any way I can get a Print out of all the Programs I have now on my hard drive.

Please Help!!!

Thanks

Shikaree

Strawballs 12:29 03 Feb 2009

Why do you feel you need to format you Hard Drive? would a repair install of xp be better click here that will not loose your data or programs?

DippyGirl 12:35 03 Feb 2009

To see what you have installed
Belarc Advisor click here
SIW click here
To get hardcopy of directories have a look at Directory Printer at click here

Shikaree 12:40 03 Feb 2009

Hi Strawballs,

I did an Antivirus scan. It said something about Trojan and it couldn't delete a few of the effected files. So I thought the best is to reformat and get rid of it all and start a fresh.

Shikaree

DieSse 15:24 03 Feb 2009

Do a screen capture with the program list(s) on the screen.

PrtScr key copies the whole screen to the clipboard- or you can use MWSnap3
click here

Technotiger 15:40 03 Feb 2009

Do a print out of Belarc as advised by DippyGirl - this will show all your programs, program keys and much more.

Taff™ 15:57 03 Feb 2009

I would first of all attempt to get rid of the infection and then follow strawballs advice with a repair install. The Belarc advice is sound anyway.

What AV program have you got? Have you run any Antispyware scans? They often flag up trojans too and remove them. I suggest asquared free click here and Malwarebytes Antimalware click here Run deep scans in both in safe mode and delete all they find.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?