Form filling

baldyx 11:33 20 Jun 2009

I have come across Roboform software. Is it safe to use it as it deals with passwords? Does the software provider can have access to details on my pc?

T I M B O 12:35 20 Jun 2009

To keep private data like passwords stored on the pc i have always thought a tad unsafe. When i generate a password, i normally just hit the keyboard then keep all the logging on details on a spread sheet (XL) and stored off the computer. I have not used this software "Roboform" so it's difficult to pass judgment.

mfletch 16:52 20 Jun 2009

I use Roboform and its one of the best free programs Ive ever had,

The free version only stores 10 pass word but that enough for me.

It also fills in forms

mimosa418 18:46 20 Jun 2009

Try this
click here

FatboySlim71 23:23 20 Jun 2009

I agree with mfletch. I have only just started using Roboform today after someone on here recommended it, but I find it superb and so easy to use. I like it that much that I have paid and got the Pro version which allows you to save more than 10 passwords, I have a lot of different passwords so my needs dictated I needed the pro version, it cost £19.99. You can also set up Roboform so that it can fill in forms for you.

I don't think you need worry about storing the passwords as they are stored in an encrypted form. I can imagine it been more secure than using auto complete to remember passwords.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?