Forgotten password for Outlook email account

exdragon 19:30 10 May 2007

Not having much luck today, am I!

Some time ago I set up another email address (BT internet, POP3 & SMTP both mail.btinternet.com exactly the same as another emmail address I use). Unfortunately, I've forgotten the password - I can't believe it's the only thing I've never entered into my password manager.

Is there any way of getting at it? I've tried putting the name into Yahoo mail 'Forgotten your password, you idiot?' screen together with my date of birth, but it says it can't find me. I've happily been using it to send emails this morning but now I want to retrieve something from webmail - and can't.

Any help appreciated!

Zaphod 3 19:37 10 May 2007

Try this it was mentioned in the mag about a year ago.

click here

Zaphod 3 19:39 11 May 2007

Any joy yet?

exdragon 20:55 11 May 2007

Hi there - no luck, all it showed was an Outlook Express one (which I no longer use) and the password for one of my other autocomplete addresses.

Thanks anyway

MAJ 20:59 11 May 2007

Try SIW, under the "Secrets" entry. click here

exdragon 22:45 11 May 2007

That's a very handy one, isn't it? Unfortunately, I can't find what I'm looking for. I'll bookmark it, though.

smokingbeagle 23:06 11 May 2007

click here
Because of the way it works, it may trigger a warning from your anti-spyware program.
Delete after recovering your password(s).

exdragon 20:21 12 May 2007

smokingbeagle
No joy again, I'm afraid. I gave in and emailed BT who say if I give them a number and suitable time, they'll ring me and talk me through it.

Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?