forgotten password. can i bypass the logon screen?

butter fingers 20:07 31 Jan 2005

Hi, I've either forgotten my log on password for my XP laptop or changed something. Can i bypass the log on screen in some way to get in and renew the password? Help please or i wont be able to get to anything !!

mattyc_92 20:11 31 Jan 2005

Press "ctrl+alt+delete" twice and type in "Administrator" as the username and leave the password field blank and press enter

mattyc_92 20:12 31 Jan 2005

... You can change your password for your user account with this account (by the way)

butter fingers 20:20 31 Jan 2005

thanks mattyc but there is a password on the administrator user name which i dont know. Any other ways?

mattyc_92 20:24 31 Jan 2005

thry this for some FREE utilities to help you click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:25 31 Jan 2005

Cracking passwords probably comes under the

Forbidden territory • 'Cracks' or copyright infringement - we do not permit the posting of information that will enable other people to use pirated software or to evade the copyright laws. Please do not post serial numbers or CD keys, or links to sites that contain illegal file-sharing software or links to other sites that offer such information. Do not ask other forum members to provide you with help or information that will enable you to illegally obtain copyright-protected material.

on the forum guide

however this link was on the PCAdvisor cover disk a few months ago
click here

mattyc_92 20:26 31 Jan 2005

and this click here

flecc 20:26 31 Jan 2005

XP Home edition doesn't permit the Administrator option always.

Boot pressing F8 repeatedly and enter Safe Mode at the menu. Then you can log in as Administrator without a password, it's blank by default, and enter the Control Panel to change your user account.

butter fingers 21:37 31 Jan 2005

THANKS EVERYBODY im still working on it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?