Forgot how to insert Photobucket images

Furkin 11:25 09 Apr 2017

The title says it all.

I've done it before, but can't remember.

I want to post a question but I think it needs the images.

I already have them on P.B and copied the IMG code from their page.

I can't remember which bit/s I need to discard.

Twerp

rdave13 14:07 09 Apr 2017

Click on the direct link in PB. That will automatically copy the address. Click on the 'insert image ' icon above the reply box and paste it.

Furkin 17:34 09 Apr 2017

Cheers Dave,

I've never used the 'Direct' thing before.

I'm sure I used Img then discarded some of the code.

I've just tried the Direct thing, but it seems to take it to my actual account within PB. Luckily I'm a sad ole git with nowt to hide, so will post it.

Please see "Google front page anomaly"

Thanks for your usual help.

Baz

rdave13 17:41 09 Apr 2017

If you change the album to private in PB it will only allow the image you posted to bee seen.

rdave13 20:59 09 Apr 2017

Changing privacy settings in Photobucket - click here.

rdave13 21:18 09 Apr 2017

Just a post to show how you can get images in your post and show which icon to click to paste the direct link to. Same as posting a link really.

rdave13 21:26 09 Apr 2017

Privacy settings.

rdave13 21:33 09 Apr 2017

Now if you right click the image in the post and select 'copy image address' and paste it in a new tab it will be restricted to that image only. It will ask for log in details if you wish to see further images. Certainly handy as a photo can relay a lot of info where a problem is concerned.

Furkin 10:20 10 Apr 2017

Thanks guys, I have no idea whats happened to my machine (or me !!) Whenever I uploaded images, I just used IMG in PB, then discarded a couple of bits when it appeared in the post. I've played about with PB for Privacy, and Chrome Front Page settings. I still get the two icons at the bottom, but it does seem to come up with my preferred page,,,, for now.

Heres another go at inserting the images - obviously no duplicated replies needed,,,, it's just a test for my benefit, & to show you how i'm getting on.

Thanks all for your inputs. People like me would be lost without you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros