On and off forever (PLEASE READ IN FULL)

Pezzmeister 19:21 03 Aug 2014

I'm currently building a computer, one might say I've finished but as a gamer it will never be finished, anyway, I got all the components in and booted up and it seemed to be fine, showing me the BIOS (Though I had some problems with the video connection I got that sorted) and now every time I try to turn it on it powers up for a few seconds and then powers down and repeats (As far as I've wanted to test this because of fear of it being damaged, it seems as though it would go on indefinitely without me turning it off at the PSU). I've tried checking all connections and nothing so I tried stripping it down the the bare essentials (PSU, CPU, HDD and one stick of RAM) but to no avail. Help? haha

Pezzmeister 19:37 03 Aug 2014

No an update, just an addition of information. My specs and therefore my Rig's internal components are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-SLI CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (Anniversary Edition) PSU: Corsair CX750M GPU: XFX R7870 Double Dissipation RAM: 2x 1GB Hynix? (I also have 2x 4GB Kingston RAM sticks but I think they don't work so they're not in) HDD: Some crappy 250gb one I already had SSHD: 2TB Seagate SSHD SATA3 CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 Dual-fan Liquid CPU Cooler

I don't think I've forgotten any information? haha Hope this might help some more :D

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:12 03 Aug 2014

Immediate shut downs could be heat related

fans running?

Thermal paste?

Coolant flow no air locks?

rdave13 21:39 03 Aug 2014

Ram?

Pezzmeister 22:00 03 Aug 2014

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Fans Running Yes, There are 2 fans, one either side of the Coolant Radiator, There was plenty of thermal Paste on the Contact of the water Block and as for Coolant flow one an only assume as it is a silent system, it's also an enclosed system so it comes filled and ready to use so I can't imagine there would be and air bubbles (I assume that's what you mean by air locks?)

rdave13 What about the RAM? Yes there is RAM but also in past times with other computers a Lack of RAM (Or damaged RAM) simply results in no image being produced and not the constant cycle of booting and shutting down.

Thanks guys :D

rdave13 22:15 03 Aug 2014

Ram specifications here. Can't find the " Memory Support List" though stated in their specifications.

Tried the other stick of ram?

Mr Mistoffelees 23:03 03 Aug 2014

Check the memory support list here.

Pezzmeister 23:05 03 Aug 2014

Mike: just tried that to no avail, but thanks I hadn't done that yet :) rdave13: I know the 1gb RAM works because I did get it to boot once and got into the bios, that was the first time and then I decided to try it with the other RAM and no matter what I haven't been able to get back to it since?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?