foreign tv channels

Desperate-Dan 13:40 01 Jan 2006

Happy new year everyone, is it possible to get foreign tv channels on your pc? and if so what do I need to receive them. if not what do I need to watch freeview channels.

Carbonara 13:51 01 Jan 2006

click here have fun!

Desperate-Dan 14:19 01 Jan 2006

Carbonara, thanks for that,but the picture was not very good would I get a better picture with a tv card?

Sharpamatt 14:29 01 Jan 2006

there are many TV Cards on the market, for freeview you either need a digital card, or connect a digibox between you ariel and card.

I belive phillips have a card which can be connected to satalite to view the free channels, ( as in the recent Medion from Audi ) but for normal cards, picking up Forign channels are only possable if you can pick them up on your normal TV

Desperate-Dan 14:43 01 Jan 2006

Sharpamatt, thanks for the advice.
happy new year.

Carbonara 14:44 01 Jan 2006

All of those channels are Broadband, no TV card needed. Some are better than others.

DieSse 16:47 01 Jan 2006

You can pick up oodles of foreign channels via satellite - but of course, you will need a dish, and to point it at the correct satellites. And you will need either an internal of external *free-to-air* Sat TV tuner for the PC - or a seperate regular one, which you can also use with a regular TV.

Example for PC click here

Example regular Digital TV box click here

pj123 17:20 01 Jan 2006

As DieSse says. I have a multi-satellite system which I can switch between 18 satellites. All are Free to Air and I have about 467 TV channels (plus lots of radio channels) that I can watch/listen to. Most of them foreign language of course. I speak German so I can watch all the German channels and my partner speaks French so she likes to watch the French channels. But I still don't see any reason to do this on my PC when I have got a perfectly adequate Television set?

To get Freeview channels on your PC you might like to look at this: click here=

Desperate-Dan 17:54 01 Jan 2006

Thanks guys for the advice
regards Dan.

mco 19:03 01 Jan 2006

We're linguists in our family too; we have same free to air set-up and have never had any desire to use pc when we get it better on tv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?