Football Manager 2009 Installation Problem

Paulo1992 18:27 07 Jun 2009

Hi Guys

I've recently installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on my computer and attempted to install Football Manager 2009 afterwards

When the installation was complete it said that there were several errors and i should see the installation log

Whenever i go to open the game by clicking the icon on my desktop i get the message:

'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application.'

Peviously when i have installed the game it has worked fine. However the program 'steam' that is normally used to protect the game did not install this time

Any one have any ideas as to what is wrong ?

Thanks
Paul

Kevscar1 18:43 07 Jun 2009

Uninstall then try reinstalling it.

Sea Urchin 18:45 07 Jun 2009

"When the installation was complete it said that there were several errors and i should see the installation log"

I guess the first thing you should try would be to uninstall/reinstall Football Manager 2009 and hopefully the second time get no errors. It might help to disable your firewall/antivirus program while you install.

Sea Urchin 19:14 07 Jun 2009

'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application.'

After the re-installation of XP did you install the appropriate Service Packs? Failure to do so can cause the above error.

Paulo1992 19:15 07 Jun 2009

Thanks Guyz

Disabling firewall worked

Paul

Sea Urchin 19:18 07 Jun 2009

Excellent - thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?