Football Group Tables in Excel

reqpete 13:23 21 Aug 2006

I've been trying to set up a spreadsheet for the forthcoming Champion's League season, incorporating formulae that will automatically work out the Group phase.
I have got as far as getting it to work so that all you need to do is enter the scores for each of the 12 matches for each four-team group to give me the correct P W D L F A GD Pts tallies for each of the four teams. Is there any way that it can tabulate each record according to where in the table each team stands, bearing in mind that initial standings are based on higher Pts scores, followed by tied team's aggregate head-to-head, followed by greater goals scored?

VoG II 14:12 21 Aug 2006

I don't know much about football so I don'r really know what you mean...

If you want to sort the table with the top team at the top of the list etc., select all the table then Data > Sort and specify your criteria in the right order and sort descending.

You could record a macro to do this and assign it to a button on the worksheet.

East Stander 14:34 21 Aug 2006

This guy produces superb Excel spreadsheets for football fans and updates them with scores as the season progresses. I can heartily recommend him (and have no connection or dealings with him, just came across his work on a football forum!!)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?